Bringing our Little Boy Home!

Bringing our little boy home.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

February 21st, 2011

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Nick! Happy birthday to you!



After typing yesterday’s events at midnight, we did not get much sleep. Unusual for Nick is that he was the one who didn’t sleep. He basically has not sleep 8 hours since Thursday morning. Y woke up at 5 am. Wow! It has been a long day. We went down for breakfast early and then waited around to go to Hannah’s Hope this morning to go over the details for tomorrow’s Embassy appointment. I made sure Y knew we were going to play with his friends and that he would return to the hotel with us. He seemed to understand and welcomed the opportunity to ride in the van again.



We have learned to go with the flow here as usually the drivers are 30 – 45 minutes late. They made up for it today and showed up 40 minutes early. Thank goodness we were ready to go. Y didn’t seem real interested in playing with the kids or visiting with the special mothers. He seems to understand that his time there is done and he has moved on.



I asked the director about his eye and she confirmed Y did in fact have pink eye. She gave me some drops to use. I am so glad to get started on cleaning it up. While putting those first drops in, Y told her that they had been putting drops in, but apparently no one gave me the meds when we left. Hopefully, we will have that cleared up soon.



We got back to the hotel at 11 am and were starved. Lunch, however, was not available til noon. We went up to the room where Nick immediately feel asleep. I put a Word World video in and snuggled up with Y on the bed. We snacked on a few nuts to satisfy our hunger. I sure hope he isn’t allergic to peanuts.



At noon, Y and I went down to eat and we left Nick sleeping. We brought Nick back our left over pasta. He got up and ate some and went back to sleep. Y and I played all day and eventually went outside where we were relieved to find a nice cool breeze in the back alley. Our room is literally roasting. Boy North Dakota is going to be a shock!



Nick eventually woke up at 5:30 pm and came outside with us for a bit before we went to supper. We ordered Y some fish and mashed potatoes. Nick and I shared an order of French fries. Boy I can’t wait to get some good American food. Y was tired after supper so we went to our room and watched a video again until turning the lights out at 9:15 pm.



Y fell asleep with his arm wrapped around my neck with his face in my face. It was not the most comfortable, but I didn’t care. It seems as if my little boy is attaching to me and that is all that mattered to this momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment